Website Conversion Using Squarespace
Chances are good your website will be better powered by Squarespace.
Once upon a time maybe someone told you to use Wordpress or some other CMS. And now you’re finding out it isn’t the fairy tale you thought it would be:
- It’s too hard to update content.
- It’s too hard to add new pages.
- It’s too hard to add new features.
- Your plugins stopped working.
- Your site got hacked.
- Managing the software updates is a drag.
- You didn’t even know that you should be doing software updates in the first place (whoops).
Maybe your site just looks old. Maybe it doesn’t even use responsive layout for mobile devices (what year is it again?).
Time to freshen things up and get with the times.
Squarespace’s hosted platform provides:
- modern responsive templates with extensive customization features
- functionality galore: blogs, commerce, image galleries, forms, events, and more
- a user-friendly content management system (CMS)
- continuous behind-the-scenes updates, backup, and security
- a large support portal that answers all the common questions (and many uncommon ones)
I can take your existing site and your direction and turn it into a beautiful and useful Squarespace site. We can even make some design, structure, functionality, and usability tweaks along the way to improve your site.
As a designer and developer I can provide expert guidance on “look and feel” and user experience and dig into custom code if we need it.
And then I can provide as much training as you want to get you started (live or by video).
Get in touch and we can determine if your site is a good candidate to be improved by switching to Squarespace.
One of the things that I most appreciated about working with Kirk is that he pushed me to really explore the work that I do: how I do it, why I do it, and what it means to me to do it, and then to communicate these things accurately on my website. Working with Kirk felt like a true collaboration — he didn’t let me hide behind any glib, trite or vague descriptions of the work, he pushed me to be self-revealing and honest, and he did it in a way that was both firm and kind. For me, Kirk’s style was just the right blend warm of support and pushing me to step out of my comfort zone, combined with his knowledge of the technical aspects of website design that I needed to get my website to where I wanted it to be. I am thrilled with how it all turned out, and feel very grateful to have had Kirk’s guidance along the way.