Website Conversion Using Squarespace
Chances are good your website will be better powered by Squarespace.
Once upon a time maybe someone told you to use Wordpress or some other CMS. And now you’re finding out it isn’t the fairy tale you thought it would be:
- It’s too hard to update or add content, new pages, and new features.
- Your plugins stopped working.
- Your site got hacked.
- Managing the software updates is a drag.
- You didn’t even know that you should be doing software updates in the first place.
Maybe your site just looks old. Maybe it still doesn’t use responsive layout for mobile devices!
Time to freshen things up.
Squarespace’s hosted platform provides:
- modern responsive templates with extensive customization features
- functionality galore: blogs, commerce, image galleries, forms, events, and more
- a user-friendly content management system (CMS)
- continuous behind-the-scenes updates, backup, and security
- a large support portal that answers all the common questions (and many uncommon ones)
Let’s take your existing site and your direction and turn it into a beautiful and useful Squarespace site, making some “low-hanging fruit” improvements to design, structure, functionality, and usability tweaks along the way.
As a designer and developer I can provide expert guidance on “look and feel” and user experience and dig into custom code if we need it. And then I can provide as much training as you want to get you started (live or by video).
Get in touch and we can determine if your site is a good candidate to be improved by switching to Squarespace.
I was referred to work with Kirk to create the website for my new venture, and I am so grateful I received the introduction! At a time that I was feeling overwhelmed by the prospect of building the robust site I had mapped out, Kirk was a great partner. I focused on content creation as he built a wonderful site for me to pour in my words and images.
Kirk went beyond doing outstanding coding and creating pristine consistent formatting throughout the site. He offered excellent guidance to me related to navigation and structure. He trained me to use the content management tools, even making videos for the tricky things, or things that would not come up for me on a regular basis. I have been able to keep the site up to date with ease.
Most of all, Kirk is even, assured, and brings calm — and humor and humanity — to the work. That had a big impact for me. It made a challenging project a pleasure.
My website has been a great tool for communicating effectively with prospective clients. Kirk deserves a lot of the credit for the success I’ve had!