10 Business Tips From Designer Bill Drenttel
Esteemed designer Bill Drenttel recently passed away, and Michael Beirut shared this text from a 1991 presentation in a post on Design Observer (now defunct).
The talk was titled “Everything I know about business in one minute.” It resonated with me and I hope it does with you also.
- Focusing on making a partnership work is more profitable than focusing on making money.
- Love your employees more than you love your clients.
- The best new business is your current business.
- Price projects by asking yourself what the client’s lawyer would charge.
- It’s better to be hired for your work than for your price.
- When it comes to getting paid, the first of the month is better than the thirtieth.
- Making money off mechanicals, printing and computers turns your business into a commodity.
- The books in your library are more important than the numbers on your balance sheet.
- In order to love your work, take vacations.
- Power, in business, comes from sharing money and valuing love.
via Daring Fireball
Earlier Post: You, Me, and Data Backup