I strive to live a mindful life and ask good questions.
I do my best to make things right, trusting experience and that little voice.
I’ve worked as a graphic designer and web developer since 1999 (full-time since 2000) and owned my own full-time business since 2006. The whole time I’ve had an interest in social science experiments, branding, and the power of using the right words.
I’m a graduate of the prestigious (and grueling) graphic design program at Portfolio Center in Atlanta and hold a BA in Art History from Davidson College (NC).
Details that (may) Matter
- I have a small daily meditation and yoga practice.
- I’m a runner, even when I’m not running.
- I organize the Johnson City Community Drum Circle and play drum set.
- I’m a spouse, a parent, and a compulsive declutterer.
- I try to only declutter my own things (unless asked).
- I believe in Right Speech.
- I love pizza.
- I dislike camping.
- I played football from 5th grade through college.
- I am a board game geek.
- I graduated from high school twice.
- I am a fan of the teachings of Brené Brown.
- I grew up in Connecticut and have lived in North Carolina, Georgia, California, and now Tennessee (since 2006).
- My favorite movie is This Is Spinal Tap.
- I believe in “don’t just do something, sit there”.
- I am a longtime fan of the NFL’s Detroit Lions (who will definitely win the Super Bowl soon).
- I like making lists.
- I strive to be an island of service and calm simplicity in this big complex world.